Sunday, September 4, 2011

Initial Reflective Writing


I have been to LACMA few times with my friend last year. That was the one of the greatest experiences I had in my first college year. When I first time walked in LACMA, I could smell the art. I’ve never had that feeling before. Be honestly, I haven't been visited any kinds of art museums until i got in the college. Because before I got in Otis, I did not take art seriously at all. Drawing and sketching were just my hobbies. They were not the part of my life but the part of the decorations of my life. So I was able to throw the part of my ‘decoration’ away. But right now, I can not live without it. 
I feel like art in Los angeles include everything. I think it because LA is a big city. There were lost foreigners who is form all different countries. At same time they brought and they are still bringing more and more different culture to here. The culture turned to art and art  became to LA art. Los Angeles is big. The people separate at many place. For instance, before I got my car, if I wanna got to downtown, I took me three hours to get there by bus. I feel like LA art just likes the people in LA. If you wanna see a particular art which you really like, you might have to go find the right place for it. My roommate is from New York. She does Graffiti. When she just moved to here she told me she couldn’t find any graffiti here and it was not like New York, you can see Graffiti everywhere. That first I thought she was right. But after half semester, we know more and more about LA, we found out that actually there was lots Graffiti in LA. We just need go to the right place to find it. 
I attended a gallery opening last school year with my roommate. I saw lots different kind of style art. There was Graffiti, there was oil painting and there was pencil drawing. There was a white boy with his asian style piece too. That was a good example for LA art. 
I found this picture online. I think it can fully explain the ART in LA. It has asian culture. But also it has street art. 
This is my second year study in Otis. I’m exited about my major fashion design. I am sophomore now, but I still feel like a foundation in the fashion campus. Everything is new for me again. For my future, I’m gonna finish my 3 more years college, and then go to New york. I might go to a new fashion school. I just wanna learn more stuff about fashion and get more experience. 


3 comments:

  1. Assessment of Your SEO is Australia’s respected and trusted online marketing agency since 2007. Send us a message using the enquiry form and we will respond promptly. Alternatively for an immediate connection call our friendly team now to discuss your online business objectives. Assessment of Your SEO is dedicated to helping Australia’s small and medium businesses excel in the digital world. Our local digital agency provides services designed to boost your revenue and grow your brand. With our team of SEO, Assessment of Your SEO, we enhance your current strategies with integrated solutions.

    Assessment of Your SEO
    digital marketing agency
    seo for website
    Google Adwords Management Agency
    Top Digital Marketing Agencies in Australia
    web development services

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Ovation latin band have a long history of playing for probably the most stupendous weddings in the nation, and we are honored to be essential for so numerous extraordinary festivals. Our insightful customers have a preference for the better things, incline toward the works of art, and commend conventions.

    Bands for hire in los angeles ,
    latin bands for weddings los angeles ,
    Bandas en los angeles ,
    Bands For Weddings In California ,
    Latin band for marriage ,
    Latin band for occasion ,
    versatile latin band ,
    versatil band for marriage

    ReplyDelete